Saturday, January 15, 2011

Melleny's Excellent Adventure

I've started quite a few blogs, and I've let most of them die a neglected death after one or two exuberant posts and a couple half-hearted posts months later. But this here new blog is mandated by the government (well, the university), so hopefully I'll do better with the care and feeding this time.

I've just begun the Master in Library and Information Science program at San Jose State University. MLIS at SJSU. I'm sure those will be merely the beginning of a whole new world of acronyms.

I have no idea what I want to focus on in Library and Information Science. I just know that I love books and research and gathering and sharing information. I haven't ruled out any career path yet, from public libraries to academic libraries, even indexing or professional research. It's all interesting to me - I guess that's why I'm the Short Attention Span Girl.

Welcome to my journey to discover what I want to be when I grow up. Again.

Oh, and if you're interested in what else I'm doing to fill my time, visit my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment